The Missionary Set Sail

Welcome to the Blog set up for Emily McRae! Emily's serving the Lord in the Washington, Tacoma mission. She set sail to the Missionary Training Center February 24th 2010. She will be in the Tacoma area for 18 months. This blog is updated and maintianed by one Molly McRae. The blog should display letters and photos of Emily while she is serving the Lord along with a quick update about transfers and mission companions. Hopefully the blog can keep you tied over until Emily is back to entertain once more.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 1 in the MTC: Success

Here is Sis. McRae's first email detailing what her first experiences in the MTC have been. Sounds like it's going pretty good so far, if you ask me :) Let's hope it stays that way.

I have had a relatively good time. The hardest part for me is not knowing my scriptures very well and having the worst memory in the world just makes it that much worse. I have two of the best companions a girl could ask for! Sis. Ashley Gandolph is from Smithville North Carolina and Sis. Elisabeth Conger is from upstate New York. We work together so well because we can laugh all the time while still having the spirit of the Lord with us when we want it. I'm in Disrtict D-43 with some of the coolest Elders in the MTC. All the Elders are going to Rapid City, North Carolina and it will be a sad day when we have to leave them all. There are seven sisters in the MTC going to Tacoma with us, and two Elders. I don't quite get along with the other kids going to our mission like I do with my sisters. We went to the temple this morning and I had the oppprtunity to pray to know what to teach our INVESTIGATORS!!! We went to the Referral Center made some calls and Sis. Conger talked to a lady that wanted us to call back! She already has faith in God and knows she is a child of God but is confused on the difference between Jesus Christ and God. We are hoping to clarify that for her and see if she will commit to reading the BOM. Very exciting. I already hace the title as the loudest missionary in the MTC. I'm cool with that! At least people know they can't walk by without me sharing the gospel. The MTC has been really hard, but it has its rewards, too, so I'm willing to grow closer to my Heavenly Father so that I may have a better time here. I don't really feel like I'm on a mission. Except for the content I've been studying, it basically just feels like I'm away at school like I have been for the last four years. The MTC is also really great because I have never felt so spoiled in my entire life! I get to cut to the front of the line, the Elders take my tray when I finish eating, and they stand when you come to the table. Not to mention, I don't think I've touched a single door since I've been here. It's so great . . . although, being the independent kind of girl I am, I did kind of fight at first; I would try and race the elders to the dishes room for a while.I've humbled myself now though. I do have to say though that I am not getting nearly enough letters. The only escape I get from the MTC bubble I'm in is from a letter from the outside world. I really can't tell you how great it is not to have conflict with my sisters; we have plans to go on family camping trips when all is said and done :) On Sunday for Releif Society, we had Sis. Dibbs (aka Pres. Monson's daughter) come to speak to us and it was really great. She spoke on being the best missionary's we can be through obedience. It was fun to have her speak because she was so interactive with the audience. Then Tuesday we had the presiding Bishop come and speak for a devotional, Steven B. Allen, and he siad something along the lines of not being quiet or timid when it comes to teaching the gospel, but to be BOLD! Anyway, I miss you and love you all!!!
- Sis. McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment